The health and safety of all of our riders, horses, visitors, and staff is our top priority. As we deal with COVID-19, we are taking precautions to ensure that the barn remains safe for everyone.
For the present time, WBR remains open with the following restrictions:
· Outside riders/visitors are not permitted. This includes friends of boarders, trial rides, extended family, children, etc. Only riders with a boarding contract on file are allowed at this time.
· If you have been traveling out of state, observe a two-week quarantine.
· Wash your hands when you first arrive at the barn. Soap is available for now.
· If you or anyone in your household is sick, do not come to the barn.
· Maintain at least 6 feet of distance.
· Olivia is having a hard time with the idea of social distancing. Please help us by reminding her that hugs, fist bumps, etc. are not allowed right now.
· Do not touch Jackson/Sherman.
· Do not handle pitchforks, brooms, feed scoops, etc. This is your free pass to leave manure/hair in the crossties. We will clean it up for you.
· Make every effort to only handle your own tack, halter, grooming supplies. WBR staff will not be using your halters for turnout-we will be using our own so we don’t touch your equipment either.
We will still be allowing essential care providers on site (veterinarians, farriers, etc.), but we ask that you delay non-essential appointments for the time being. This includes chiropractors, PEMF treatments, etc. We are also pushing our yearly vaccination appointments back until sometime in May at the recommendation of our veterinarian.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience while these restrictions are in place. We want everyone to still be able to enjoy quality time at the barn, but please remember that WBR is our home. My family is following a home-quarantine protocol as much as we can, but due to the nature of having a business in our backyard, we are essentially inviting the public into our home. Please use common sense and help us limit our exposure as much as possible. We will be working diligently to do the same for you.
We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone. Be reassured, this will not affect the care of your horses. We anticipate the restrictions will be short-term. That being said, we will be enforcing them strictly. Our hope is that the barn will remain open for our boarders, but if these guidelines are not followed, we will not hesitate to ask individuals to stay home until further notice.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please contact us at any time.
Jamie and Berry